Great way to encourage your chickens natural foraging behavior.
Chickens are natural foragers, so our "FREE RANGE" feeders allow chickens to keep busy in the yard hunting, scratching, and pecking for food rather than crowding around an old traditional feeder. Perfect for those times when supplemental feeding is required but natural behavior is still encouraged. These feeders can be set to distribute just the right amount of feed for your flock. Place a poultry timer feeder in your backyard and watch your chickens forage/play while you relax on the back porch.
Use to throw scratch, peanuts, sunflower seeds or your chickens favorite pelletized feed.
The "FREE RANGE" Feeder with Timer includes everything you need to start feeding and there's no assembly needed! Just grab the bucket by the handle and pull it out of the box. The feeder, bucket, funnel and batteries are ready for you to use. The timer model gives you more control with a programmable digital timer that feeds up to four times a day. All you have to do is just add the feed & hang it.
* No Assembly!
* 5-gallon plastic, tapered bucket
* Digital timer programs up to 4 different feed times a day
* Metal spin plate
* Adjustable feed times (1-20 seconds)
* Continues to feed while your away
* Holds approx. 20 pounds of pelletized feed
* Promotes natural foraging behavior
* Great for use in chicken coop runs & yards
* Eliminates feed waste associated with traditional feeders
* Test button for easy set-up
* New efficiencies and battery design doubles run time, providing 4 months field life!
* Includes four AA alkaline batteries
* Capability to add solar panel (rechargeable batteries and solar panel not included)