by Kimberly Willis with Rob Ludlow
Raising chickens on a small scale is a popular (and growing) pastime. Raising Chickens For Dummies provides an up-to-date, thorough introduction to all aspects of caring for chickens, including choosing and purchasing chickens, constructing housing, and proper feeding. Raising Chickens For Dummies provides authoritative, detailed information to make raising chickens for eggs, meat, or backyard entertainment that much easier.
• Learn about basic chicken biology, breeds, and behavior.
• From chicks to adults, learn how to select your chickens, including which ones to buy, how many you need, and how to select healthy ones.
• Decide on a type of housing, construct a coop, feed your birds, and do housekeeping.
- • Find advice on controlling pests and predators.
• Discover how to mate your chickens, incubate eggs, and hatch and nurture chicks.
• Manage laying hens, collect and store eggs, butcher meat birds, and package and store meat.