The Octagon Incubator Range - the latest technology in a familiar shape. The Octagon 20 Eco Incubator is a simple but high-quality egg incubator using the same tough and insulated cabinet as the Octagon 20 Advance coupled to a simple proven electronic temperature control to give reliable hatching results of a wide range of species with minimum fuss. There is no facility for humidity measurement control. This is an incubator for the cost-conscious and those who require simplicity over features.
- Control System: The Octagon 20 Eco controls temperature with high accuracy using a proven proportional band electronic controller with easy tamper-proof adjustment. A flashing indicator shows that the incubation temperature is being controlled steadily and temperature is monitored with a purpose-made liquid-in-glass thermometer.
- Cabinet: The high-quality incubator cabinet is entirely injection moulded from high grade ABS, which makes it durable and easy to clean. The base is double-skinned and foam-filled to reduce heat loss, leading to lower electricity consumption and better temperature distribution. The top of the incubator is clear, allowing good visibility of the eggs and chicks.
- Humidity and ventilation: Air is circulated by a long-life computer grade fan which, coupled with the unique grill with optimized air diffuser, leads to extremely even air temperature throughout the egg chamber. Fresh air is controlled with a vent slider, and humidity is provided by water in two reservoirs in the base.
- Egg Handling: To accommodate eggs of different sizes, the Octagon 20 Eco’s removable egg tray is supplied with dividers, which the user can position to suit their eggs and to maximize the number of eggs that can be held. Eggs as small as finches, to as large as geese can be incubated, and a capacity guide for a range of popular species is given in the specification table. Eggs are turned during incubation as the whole incubator is rocked from side to side – hence the Octagonal cabinet ends. This can be done manually at least twice each day, or turning is performed automatically if the incubator is used with the optional Autoturn Cradle, which turns the eggs hourly.
- Egg capacity of 24 chicken eggs or equivalent.
- Simple and accurate proportional band electronic temperature control.
- Temperature factory preset at 99.5°F with easy tamper-proof adjustment.
- Flashing temperature indicator and conventional but accurate liquid-in-glass thermometer.
- Fan-assisted air circulation.
- Good visibility of the eggs.
- Tough and hygienic cabinet.
- Insulated for low energy use and optimal temperature distribution.
- Approximate egg capacity: 60 Quail, 40 Pheasant, 24 Hen, 20 Duck, or 9-12 Goose
- Weight: Incubator 2.7 kg (6 lb), Autoturn cradle 0.55 kg (1.2 lb)
- Power Consumption: Max 45 W, Typical 25 W
- Dimensions: (20 only) 13.75" x 10.25" x 10.25"; (20 with cradle) 17" x 10.25" x 12"
Electrical supply: 220/240 V, 50 Hz or 115 V, 60 Hz as ordered
All Brinsea incubators are fully guaranteed and will be repaired or replaced if a fault should arise within the guarantee period (See terms of guarantee). Brinsea Products Ltd. and their agents will not be responsible for loss of eggs in the event of failure, however caused, and the user is advised to arrange his own insurance cover where loss of power, mechanical, or electrical failure might result in unacceptable losses.
In order to continue our policy of innovation and improvement, we reserve the right to alter specification details without notice.
Write Your Own Review